Monday, August 8, 2011

I am very confused about my nationality?

im 13 and im dominican and white. my mom is white and my dad is dominican. my dad has a slight tan , but not very. i look white ( skin color not enthinty ) and i heard from where i am right now ( in dominican republic ) visiting my family and people are telling me that dominicans are black people ( africans ) just speaking the spanish language and creating another culture on top of what they realy are. so im confussed, if i have white skin but im still half dominican , does that mean im not hispanic im black / african american ? because i am very proud of my latin culture and i dont want that taken away because i love being dominican / hispanic . and then i started searching online and they said the same thing , just that they deny it. im scared that im not hispanic and only white and african american, becuase i didnt want to think of myself something im not. and i dont look nothing like a african american . at least not half. so am i black and white? or am i dominican and white? is dominican a real nationality or just a fake one on top of blacks to make it seem like we are not black? because im confused on how some dominicans are really white with blonde hair and blue eyes , or some has brown eyes and black hair with dark skin. if the lights are african american then how are they light? so is dominican a real nationality or just a cover up from being black ???? becuase right now im very hurt that i might not be hispanic : / and worried because i take my pride very seriously and im not rasict towards african americans , im just mad that i was being something i wasnt: /

No comments:

Post a Comment